Everyone has chicken in their weekly menu which means coming up with different and imaginative ways to prepare the lovely bird so that you and your kids will both enjoy it. And of course, for me, a recipe can’t be too complicated or take forever to prepare. Here is an easy and delicious chicken dish to serve for Sunday dinner for family and friends or even during the week. I thought my daughter would not like it but she did.
Orange Glazed Chicken with Almonds
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup almond slices, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place chicken breasts on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with one tablespoon of orange juice concentrate (reserve remaining concentrate for sauce). Bake in oven 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place remaining orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and chicken broth in a small saucepan. Blend together Splenda granulated sweetener and cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir cornstarch mixture into broth. Heat over medium-high heat and simmer 8-10 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken slightly. Remove from heat. Whisk butter into sauce. Add chives and parsley. Pour sauce over chicken breasts. Sprinkle almonds over breasts and serve.
Note that I always like to marinate my chicken so I decided to marinate the chicken in orange juice in the morning for my evening preparation. Also I substituted flour for cornstarch.