The Citi Bike bike share program is launching soon, and the City has just announced that annual memberships are available online starting today. This sturdy bike will be available throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan and for an annual, weekly, or daily fee, you can take it for 24 hours at a time.
If you join today, you’ll get first access to the program and a host of perks that come from being an early bird.
If you sign up soon you can become one of the Founding Members of the Citi Bike program which will entitle you to the following:
The first 5,000 founding members will receive:
- A special “founding member” key to unlock bicycles from any docking system
- One year of free 45 minute trips
- A 24-hour pass to share with a friend
- $10 off registration for T.A.’s NYC Century Bike Tour in September
- A members-only pass to T.A.’s “Bike Home from Work” Party in DUMBO on Bike to Work Day, Friday, May 17th
The first 500 founding members will receive all of the above plus:
- An invitation to the Citi Bike “Ride In,” an inaugural ride to bring bikes to Citi Bike stations throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn
The first 150 founding members will receive all of the above plus:
- A special “founding member” t-shirt