Going into its sixth year, the Young Players Theater has become a staple educational theater program in the Park Slope community.
Young Players Theater is a not-for-profit educational theater program offering affordable summer programs, after-school classes, in-school residencies, and holiday break programs. Young Players Theater believes that through play and improvisation, children can make exciting discoveries about themselves and the world around them and host classes regularly at their main site at Gethsemane Hall on 8th Avenue in the heart of Park Slope. In addition to this location they have long-standing partnerships with Brooklyn Free Space, Brooklyn Society of Ethical Culture, the Brooklyn Conservatory of Music and schools across Brooklyn where they hold classes throughout the year.
In addition to the return of long-standing popular classes like Storybook Theater and Children Play The Classics, they are offering brand new classes as they expand the age and focus of their growing family of students for the fall including:
- Early Childhood Classes:
• Drum, Story, and Song (2-3 years, 3-4 years)
• Storybook Theater I (3-4 years)
• Magical Musical (2-3 years, 3-4 years)
- Adolescent/Teen Classes:
• Storybook Theater II (5-7 years)
• Children PLAY the Classics: Pippi Longstocking (8-11 years)
• PLAYing Shakespeare The Tempest (8-11 years)
• Lights, Camera, Act! (7-10 years)
• Hip Hop Theater Project (8-12 years)
• Stage Tech (7-12 years)
• Senior Theater Ensemble (10-14 years)
• Junior Theater Ensemble James and the Giant Peach (7-10 years)
• Teatro en Español (fluent speakers 7-11 years)
• Théâtre Français (fluent speakers 7-11 years)
Young Players Theater Fall Classes begin September 23rd .
Registration is open on their website and classes are filling up fast!
For class schedule and registration, visit us at: www.yptheater.org, ask Marielle Duke, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 718-238-8383