Staying in town this Labor Day weekend? The 2012 third annual NYC Unicycle Festival is rolling across New York City. This three day festival offers one wheeling spectacles and events of many types. Here is the schedule:
Friday, August 31, 2012 – Brooklyn Unicycle Day features a long-distance ride organized by Unicycle NYC Bridge Tour. The ride starts at City Hall in Manhattan, crosses the Brooklyn Bridge, and continues to Coney Island. The total distance of the ride is approximately 13 miles.
Brooklyn Unicycle Day schedule
- 2 pm Meet Up on Manhattan side of Brooklyn Bridge. Meet on the East Side of City Hall Park (on Park Row) in front of the subway entrance for the Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall Station 4,5,6, (across the street from the Brooklyn Bridge pedestrian entrance).
- 3 pm Cross Brooklyn Bridge (all wheel sizes are encourage to join in on the Brooklyn Bridge crossing)
- 4 pm Pass through Grand Army Plaza into Prospect Park.
- 5 pm Enter the Ocean Parkway Bicycle Path
- 6:30 pm Arrive at Coney Island
- 7 pm Dinner break. Buy your own food and meet by Nathan’s Famous (Stillwell & Surf)
- 8 pm Coney Island Unicycle Jam by Deno’s Wonder Wheel
- 9:30 pm Fireworks
Saturday and Sunday, September 1 & 2, 2012 – The festival’s main events takes place on Governors Island from 12pm-5pm on Saturday and Sunday. Activities include races, competitions, exhibitions, and a variety of unicycle sports including unicycle basketball and hockey. New York City’s legendary King Charles Troupe will be organizing the Unicycle Basketball games. For fans of extreme riding, the Hell on Wheel trials course will challenge riders throughout the day. World-famous riders will display their skills, and members of the public will have the opportunity to try one-wheel riding.
for up to date info click here