Want to explore the natural environment in the heart of Brooklyn, then head to Prospect Park Audubon Center which offers a multitude of activities to keep your kids engaged and gives them the chance to get outdoors for some much needed exercise.
Every Sunday, 3 p.m.
Kids can meet birds and other wildlife on this walk, guided by a naturalist.
Every Saturday & Sunday, 2 – 3 p.m.
Kids can make amazing crafts with all-natural materials at the Boathouse.
Other Destinations within Prospect Park:
- Lefferts Historic House - Here is a chance to view traditional tools, toys, games and participate in crafts such as candle making, sewing, and butter churning.
- Take a ride on the historic 1912 Carousel (only $2.00 per ride)
- Prospect Park Playgrounds - There are seven playgrounds throughout the park.
- Prospect Park Zoo - Your kids will love seeing nearly 400 types of animals. unusual animals.
- Prospect Park Nature Trails Interpretive trail signs lead visitors on self-guided tours through the Park’s diverse woodland and wetland habitats.
Visit prospectpark.org visit for more information on current events, directions and hours.