Get Ready For Ghouls, Goblins, and Ghastly Good Times At The Wildlife Conservation Society’s New York Aquarium.
Halloween-themed activities are planned for aquarium-goers of all ages. Visitors will get in the spirit of the season as the aquarium will be decorated with corn stalks, hay bales, pumpkins, and all things autumn. A haunted Sea-fari Adventure, spooky storytelling, musical performances, and magic shows are among the activities that will make Ascarium the destination for a safe, fun Halloween this season.
The line-up of Ascarium activities includes:
• Haunted Sea-fari – Visitors will have the adventure of a lifetime at the Haunted Sea-fari, where they will board a sunken ship and meet the surly Captain Looter and his devilish crew. (Each Ascarium day, 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
• Dress to Impress – Each child in costume (age 12 and under) will receive a free child’s general admission ticket with the purchase of one full-priced adult ticket. Note: Limit two per family; cannot be combined with any other offer.
• Thrilling Magic Shows – Family-friendly, aquatic-themed magic shows will delight visitors with illusions and magnificent magic tricks. Located in the Seaside Café Tent. (Each Ascarium day, 11 a.m., 1 and 3 p.m.)
• Spooky Storytelling – Let the terrifying tales be told. Master storyteller LuAnn Adams uses puppetry to bring animal- and Halloween-themed stories to life. Located in Explore the Shore Plaza Tent. (Each Ascarium day, 12, 2 and 4 p.m.)
• Terrifying Tunes – Animal- and Halloween-themed musical performances will take place on all Ascarium weekends. Located in the Seafood Café Tent.
Saturdays and Sundays, 22, 23, 29, 30 – SweetBeatz will keep the place rocking with energetic, original tunes. (1:30 and 3:30 p.m.)
• Arts and Crafts – Kids will be able to create their own spooky Halloween mask creation representing favorite aquarium animals. Located under the Seaside Café tent. (Each Ascarium day, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
• Trick-or-Treat – Children are invited to stop by various carts, exhibits, and other locations throughout the aquarium to participate in safe trick-or-treating fun. (Each Ascarium day, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
Wildlife Conservation Society’s New York Aquarium opens every day of the year at 10am, and closing times vary seasonally. Admission is $14.95 for adults, $10.95 for children ages 3-12 and
$11.95 for senior citizens (65 and older)
Children under 3 years of age are admitted free.
Fridays after 3pm, admission is by suggested donation.
The Aquarium is located on Surf Avenue at West 8th Street in Coney Island. For directions, information on public events and programs, and other Aquarium information, call 718-265-FISH or visit our web site at http://www.nyaquarium.com