The redesigned space includes:
- A campsite where parents and children can read nature books
- Activity boxes for children to explore nature and wildlife items with magnifying glasses
- A woodland stage with puppets and costumes for kids to perform their own wildlife plays
- An area where kids can make their own animal-themed magnetic puzzles
- An area just for tots to play with foam blocks and stuffed animals
The Prospect Park Zoo’s Discovery Center is open on weekends from 11am to 3pm.
Admission to the zoo is $8.00 for adults, $6 for seniors 65 and older, $5 for kids 3-12, free for children under 3. Zoo hours are 10 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
The Prospect Park Zoo is located at 450 Flatbush Avenue in Prospect Park